Thursday, October 7, 2010

Adventure Time!

Yes, even more than the current adventures I've been having. How is this possible, you ask? Well, tomorrow morning we're all hopping on a bus and eventually a(n overnight!) ferryboat to SICILY! All of our normal classes except the Ancient City course are put on hiatus while we have a whirlwind journey pretty much around the entire island. There's no weekend for us--we've got travels and lectures from tomorrow to next Friday, and we get back into Rome mid-morning on Saturday. It's going to be lots of fun, but seriously frantic, so while I'll be taking my computer, my posting schedule will probably depend more on my ability to stay awake long enough to type up a post than the availability of internet (I've been told we'll have access, but it may be intermittent--send me emails if you need me, and I'll get back to you when I get on). So, you all may not hear from me for a week, but then you'll get a flood of posts and pictures.

After the Sicily trip is our week long fall break, which Mom and Dad are coming out to spend with me in Rome (and maybe Florence and Venice), so I'll probably disappear again. I'm going to enjoy playing tour guide, and you all may end up getting some stereotypically touristy photos out of me after all.

If you want a Sicily, Florence, or Venice postcard, now is definitely the time to tell me! Everyone who's already told me what postcards they want, I've collected most of them and will most likely be sending them out sometime over fall break when we visit the Vatican--their post office is apparently significantly more trustworthy than the Italian one.

No comments:

Post a Comment