Friday, November 26, 2010

Back To Rome

Ah, finally Saturday, and back in Rome at last. The ferry ride was uneventful--this boat didn't have any good decks to stand out on, so I went to bed early and slept through most of the ride. We were once again woken up at an ungodly early hour, packed onto the bus, and headed back to Rome. There were no classes today, which was good as I doubt any of us had the ability to pay attention at this point. The drive from Naples to Rome took somewhere around two and a half hours, and once back in Rome I took just enough time to drag my suitcase up the stairs and then ran off to go visit Mom and Dad, who had gotten in the previous evening. I managed to get horrendously lost, which is just embarrassing, but to be fair I hadn't visited the hotel since the beginning of the semester and I was running on almost no sleep anyway. Eventually with the help of a nice jogger (I ended up near a park and nearly went completely the wrong direction) I found the hotel, and proceeded to start my fall break in earnest.

As for the Sicily trip, here's the rundown: the trip lasted about eight days, spanning more than twenty cities, with anywhere from around three to eight locations each day and a different hotel every night. I had a wonderful time, managed not to get sick despite the stomach flu spreading through the group, and got way less sleep than I should have, resulting in me being delightfully loopy by about the third day. About halfway through the week, I decided I wanted a visual representation of all of the places we'd been, and that naturally I would share the result. So, thanks to Google Maps, here's approximately what my week looked like:

You can find the whole list I used to create this here. It was an exhausting trip, but absolutely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment